Have you ever found that some days you wake up and you are in the mood for a little game of dress up? That for no real reason, you want to wear an outfit that is outside of your usual attire? I love those days.
You wake up with a renewal of creativity and open up your heart & mind to a little inspiration. Perhaps, you won’t feel this way everyday. But that, i believe, is what makes it so very special. So next time you wake up with passion to recreate your external image, enjoy the ride!
Go ahead, wear the purple polka dot skirt with the red blouse! and throw on those cowboy boots! Life’s about creating, and you create by exploring. So, explore your options, you never know what you may find!
You will change the world.
I can feel it in my bones, my skin, my tongue. My fingers.
I have so much faith in you.” —
From the novel “Dear John” by Nicholas Sparks-
Savannah: Passion is passion. It’s the excitement between the tedious spaces, and it doesn’t matter where it’s directed. Well, most of the time, anyway. I’m not talking vices here.
John: Like you and caffeine
Savannah: Exactly. It can be coins or sports or politics or horses or music or faith…the saddest people I’ve ever met in life are the ones who don’t care deeply about anything at all. Passion and satisfaction go hand in hand, and without them, any happiness is only temporary, because there’s nothing to make it last. I’ve found that someone else’s happiness is usually infectious.
The sun is supposed to shine all week long! So keep that smile on your face and have a happy week!
“Dreams are like stars… you may never touch them, but if you follow them they will lead you to your destiny.”
… a time to relax and explore! Whatever your plans are for the summer, don’t forget to take time to indulge in activities you enjoy & explore new things!
Here are my suggestions:
- Take a trip to a museum! I recommend the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City. Currently they have amazing exhibits such as, American Woman and Picasso. While you are there check out some of the other wonderful exhibits the Met always offers like the Egyptian wing, American Wing and the Greek & Roman wing.
- Go to the Movie Theatre! Summertime is always full of new movies, so take full advantage! Personally, I can’t wait to check out Coco Chanel & Igor Stravinsky which comes out in mid-June.
- Explore new music! Go outside of your usual iPod playlist! J ‘adore Carla Bruni’s cover of the Dean Martin classic “You Belong to Me.” Try exploring 1960’s French music or international music of today. Keep your mind open and you never know what you may find!
- Read a romantic novel! What do you enjoy more than a good love story? At your next trip to Barnes & Noble pick up a copy of a novel by Nora Roberts, Candace Bushnell or Emily Giffin.
- Go to the beach! The soothing sound of the waves and the sand between your toes will calm you right down. You deserve a relaxing trip to the beach!
- Create something! Paint, draw, take pictures, sew clothes, anything! Just create!
- Go on a picnic! Get some of your closest friends & some of the best food and head out to your local park. If you find yourself in New York City, consider picnicking in Strawberry Fields (John Lennon’s memorial in Central Park).
Explore & relax this summer! But above all, have fun!
I recommend some Lipton’s green tea & The Bride Quartet Series by Nora Roberts
For the next few days take time for yourself to do the things you enjoy to do. Go for a long run. Take a drive. Lay in the sun. Be free from others and focus on yourself for awhile. Allow your body and mind to take the break it deserves! Rejuvenate yourself!
Tomorrow i am hopping on a plane to paradise…Paradise Island, Bahamas. After a longggggggg semester and a sleepless finals week, this is the perfect way to rejuvenate. I’ll be the one on the beach with a pina colada in one hand and a romantic novel in the other!
Have a wonderful week!
Although it seems that there is no amount of studying or coffee that can get us through this week, i have news for you… we will! and before you know it, it will be summer time.
Keep your head up & Give it your best shot!
Hello lovely Readers!
The purpose of this blog is to remind you all how truly wonderful life is. I hope the thoughts, photos, songs, videos and more, help put a smile on your face and get you through any rough day.
But even more than that, i hope it has opened your mind… i hope you wake up each morning excited about what the day has to offer you… i hope you are kind to others & i hope others are kind to you… i hope you dream day & night… i hope you realize life is a beautiful thing, because you are part of it darling.
Never forget what happy feels like.
So here is my homework for you: find things that make you smile & bring you pure joy.
1. Find quotes and pictures that inspire you… tape them to your wall or your notebook, write it on your mirror… anywhere you will see it everyday.
2. Surround yourself with only people that put a smile on your face. Never forget that your friends are lucky to have you in their life.
3. Be kind to others. Someday, maybe not today, but someday your kindness will be returned to you.
4. Never forget how fabulous you are!